CLICK TO DOWNLOAD!
GREEN LIGHT indicates a mechanically “Sound” vehicle and a good car. It indicates no defects in the engine, transmission or rear end. Mechanical defects should not exceed $500.00 to repair.
On recreation vehicles, defects are limited to engine, transmission and rear end only. The vehicle must sell for at least $2000.00 to qualify as a green light vehicle. If the vehicle is over thirteen years old (2002 or older) or can be repaired for less than $500.00, it is not subject to arbitration. Mileage is not a factor in determining if a vehicle is Green Light. Any items that can be checked before bidding such as tires, physical damage, upholstery, glass, switches, air conditioning, ect., does not allow arbitration or turn down. A vehicle cannot be arbitrated or voided if a buyer fails to notice if a vehicle is manual or automatic transmission. Examine the vehicle carefully before you bid.
Green Light Vehicles can be driven for 1 HOUR after the auction to check the engine and transmission. Any issues must be brought to the Auction’s attention the night of the sale. Frame damage, odometer discrepancies and title discrepancies must be brought to the Auction’s attention within seven (7) days of the sale date.
YELLOW LIGHT means use caution and be sure to understand the announced conditions. It indicates special conditions will be announced regarding the vehicle.
If you did not hear or understand the announcement, be sure to stop the auctioneer and ask before bidding. Some examples of Yellow Light Conditions include but are not limited to: bad transmission, salvage title, frame damage or odometer discrepancies. Any condition that can arbitrate a deal under a Green Light, cannot be arbitrated under a Yellow Light if the condition is announced.
RED LIGHT means use extreme caution when bidding on a Red Light Vehicle. It indicates the vehicle is for sale “AS IS”. They cannot be rejected or turned down for any mechanical defects.
There is NO BACKING OUT. THE VEHICLE IS YOURS!!! Taxis, police cars, flood cars, hail damage, frame damage and cracked blocks must be announced and sold “AS IS”. Odometer discrepancies must be announced even if sold AS IS.
BLUE LIGHT indicates that the title is not present at the time of the sale. The title must be received from the seller within thirty (30) days.
If the title has not been received by the auction by midnight of the 30th day, the buyer may return the vehicle. The buyer must notify the auction prior to the return of the vehicle. If the auction has not been notified that the vehicle is being returned, when the title is received, the title will be processed to the buyer. Once the title is processed into the buyer’s name, the vehicle cannot be returned.
DO NOT SELL, DRIVE EXCESSIVELY, DAMAGE OR SPEND MONEY ON A VEHICLE UNTIL THE TITLE HAS BEEN RECEIVED. MONEY SPENT ON A VEHICLE BEING RETURNED FOR NO TITLE WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED.
Ready to Pre-Register? Sign up NOW!
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD!
- All Dealers must be licensed in their state and registered at this auction before doing business.
- All cars bought and sold on the auction premises must be paid for through the auction office.
- It is the Seller’s obligation to correct any errors made by the auction as to announced “Conditions”. It is the Buyer’s obligation to watch the lights and listen to announced “Conditions”.
- Cars selling for $2000.00 or less become “AS IS” and are not subject to arbitration for any reason other than frame damage, odometer discrepancy or salvage/rebuilt titles unless otherwise announced.
- No vehicle will be offered for sale without a valid Vehicle Identification Number plate.
- The Buyer is responsible for verifying the serial number, model year and odometer reading and that the odometer is working before leaving the sale.
- The Auction does not guarantee the year of any house trailers, recreational vehicles, antiques, motorcycles, boats and boat motors, or reconstructed vehicles.
- Motor homes must be sold announcing the model year of the chassis and the model year of the body.
- Damaged and repaired frames must be announced under the Red Light. Frame damage or frame repair should be reported to the auction within seven (7) days from the date of the sale.
- All OUTSIDE SALES are between the Buyer and the Seller. All are “AS IS” and cannot be arbitrated for any reason.
- Any purchase other than “Under the Hammer” is considered an Outside Sales transaction.
- All vehicles must have a Paid Gate Pass before leaving the premises.
- The auction is NOT LIABLE for any state tax or ad valorem tax.
- Any vehicles that are grey market, kit cars and any reproduction vehicles must have a valid Alabama registration. All of these types of vehicles will be sold “AS IS” and are not subject to arbitration.
- Any vehicle sold through The Birmingham Auto Auction must have a title and tag receipt. The tag receipt must match the decal on the car.
- Any vehicle sold with Salvage History or a Salvage Title must be repurchased by the Seller if not disclosed up front. Any legal situation that may occur on Salvage Vehicles or titles is strictly between the Buyer and the Seller. The Birmingham Auto Auction is not responsible.
- YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE THE AUCTION AND HAVE YOUR BIDDER NUMBER VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES.
- Do not tamper with the accessories or attachments on the vehicle such as the radio, windows, sunroofs, tops, ect. Do not remove the keys for any reason.
- Payments are accepted in CASH OR CREDIT CARD. If you choose to pay by credit card, a 3% Buyer’s premium surcharge will be added to the transaction. A check will be accepted only with a completed and approved check authorization letter from your bank. The authorization letter must be on the bank’s letterhead and dated for the day of the sale.
- ALL PURCHASES MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE PREMISES.